When the flower has such good benefits I’m quite sure that the recipe which got its name from the flowers will also not disappoint. Traditionally this recipe does not have ghee or ghee roasted cashew nuts but you can add them if you want them to be rich. Now off to the recipe….
Paasi Paruppu Puttu
Prep Time: 5 Minutes
Soak Time: 30 Minutes
Cook Time: 10 Minutes
- Paasi Paruppu / Yellow Moong Dal – 1 cup
- Jaggery, grated – 1/4 cup
- Sugar – 2 tbsp
- Grated fresh coconut – 5 tbsp
- Cardamom powder – 1/4 tsp
- Crumble the dal while it is still warm else it will be hard to do the job afterwards.
- There is no need for any string consistency while boiling jaggery.
- Adding ghee or cashew nuts is optional though not added traditionally.
- Adjust the quantity of jaggery according to your sweet tooth.