This is the first time I’m making Rajma sundal and must say that I rather liked it. Rajma is one touch cookie to crack. It is so bland and the absorption level of the spices used in a dish by Rajma is also very low. So I used a special spice blend or rather a masala powder to make it more appealing taste wise. So I should rather be calling it as Rajma Masala Sundal. You can use this masala powder to make other sundals as well. As I only make this Rajma Masala for chapathis and these Rajma Tikkis for the kids snacks, I’m so glad that I got to try yet another Sundal with rajma for this Navaratri Season.
- You can make other sundals also using the same masala powder. And the powder can be stored in an airtight container.
- Make sure you do not burn the spices by cooking it over high flame.
- You can use either black or white sesame seeds.
- You can also roast some grated coconut along with the spices for making the powder to make it more flavorful.
- Adjust the spice level accordingly.